May 15, 2021 3 min read
Fashionistas, have you noticed the new spring fashion trends 2021 sweeping the world? Now that most countries are slowly re-opening, both the runways and streets are filled with people dressing in their best outfits. After a year of cozy loungewear, this comes as a welcome change! We hope you are ready to adapt to the times and incorporate the latest spring fashion for women into your wardrobe!
Everyone’s Favorite Spring Fashion Trends:
1. Puffy Sleeves:Our fairytale heroines always had magical gowns with the puffiest sleeves. Thankfully, with the emergence of cottagecore and a rise in dramatic silhouettes, puffy sleeves are in! From Alexander McQueen’s coat dress to Raf Simons’ jackets, puffy sleeves are everywhere.
Wear your puffy-sleeved jacket with a pair of Ribbed Velvet arm sleeves peeking from underneath for added texture and pizazz! Or stick to a puffy, long-sleeved top and a midi skirt for a more demure outfit.
2. Wide-Leg Trousers: The 70s’ influence is slipping into 2021, and with it comes wide-legged trousers! After years of skinny jeans, we are going back to flared trousers and wide-legged pants. Gucci did it the retro way with their Spring 2021 collection, while Celine gave it a more urban flare.
Wide-leg trousers are versatile enough to wear to the office or your weekend brunch. Pair your wide-leg jeans with a graphic t-shirt and chunky sneakers for a casual look. Or wear it with a silk blouse for a more formal occasion.
3. Sheer Fabrics: While sheer fabrics never truly left the fashion world, they are now bigger than ever. And they are not just limited to Haute Couture and glamorous events either. It-Girls everywhere are going for sheer items to complete their everyday outfit. Mugler’s Spring 2021 show consisted of sheer everything, from tops, dresses to even blazers.
If you want a touch of sheer without going overboard, the Mesh Rouche sleeves are a great touch to any outfit! You can also go for a sheer top with a bralette underneath for a flirty look.
4. Glitters and Sequins: A global pandemic might have dulled our sparkle, but we are ready to shine brighter than ever. And top designers agree! We have seen glitters and sequins in the shows of Lanvin, Tory Burch, Ashish, and so many more. Life is a big party, and although we had to take a little hiatus, the party’s back on!
You can go for glitters and sequins in all your pieces. Go all out with a glitter dress. Or keep it subtle with a top that has delicate sequin embroidery. Whether you want to stay low-key or are looking for an elaborate piece, these sparkles can be your best friend.
5. Oversized Blazers with Shoulder Pads: Oversized blazers have become a mainstay in fashion. But, we are taking it to the extreme this year. For this year’s spring fashion trends, bigger is better! Almost all of Off-White’s looks for this season featured these blazers. And, as any streetwear fan knows, once Off-White does something, all street style fans will follow soon.
These blazers are the perfect outerwear that goes with everything. Wear it on top of a mini dress or shirt and jeans. Or, you can simply belt it up and wear it as a dress. There are no rules when it comes to this garment!
6. Matching Face Masks: If we have to wear a mask anyway, why not make it stylish? 2021 red carpets are full of celebrities matching their outfits to their masks. The Oscars’ red carpet saw Zendaya pairing her bright yellow mask with her Valentino gown. And Grammy’s had stars like Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, and Harry Styles matching their masks to their outfits.
This trend has also slipped into the streets, and people are stepping up their mask game. So, stock up on masks that are the same shades as your favorite outfit combinations. Sure, you could also stick to the generic one, but where is the fun in that?
7. Chunky Shoes: Move over, Barbie. This is the age of the Bratz. And we are trading stiletto heels for chunky shoes instead! Bottega Veneta has lately been loving these chunky platform heels. And other brands are following suit! It is not every day that mainstream fashion brands and alternate fashion groups love the same style. But with chunky shoes, everyone agrees: they are more comfortable to wear and look even better.
Chunky shoes look great with all the ongoing trends. Wear them with wide-leg trousers for an extra height boost. Or mirror the puffy sleeves’ volume with them. No more heels digging into grass or getting stuck in drain grates!
With trends like these, what fashion-lover could resist updating their wardrobe? Stay on top of the latest fashion with these Spring fashion trends 2021!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
June 30, 2021 4 min read
June 14, 2021 3 min read
May 31, 2021 4 min read
Get a sneak peek on upcoming promos and get 10% off your first order!